Wednesday 18 June 2008

Atheist Blog Challenge.


Buffy from The Gaytheist Agenda “Tapped” me for this meme, although I had vowed I would not take part in any such thing her announcement of her forthcoming marriage has prompted me to indulge her as a “wedding present”
So here goes………


Q1. How would you define “atheism”?
The non-belief in any form of deity

Q2. Was your upbringing religious? If so, what tradition?
Tricky !
I started life in a small village called Walsingham in Norfolk, England. The whole village is steeped in religion(Look it up) I attended St Mary’s of Walsingham (very high C of E)
A major influence was my Nan (Grandmother) who talked about god and jesus in the same manner she would talk about Mr and Mrs Whoever from down the street. God and jc were real people I had not yet met.
I then was heavily influenced by a Teacher whose Idea of education was everything revolved around de lawd. This worked well as a vehicle and he was an excellent teacher, giving me a lust for knowledge for life the universe and everything.
I then moved house and changed schools, god and jc taking a secondary role to rushing hormones and teenage angst.
After leaving school I met a guy who re-convinced me of the need to go to church so with him I attended an Elim pentacostel and also got involved with a bunch of Bat Shit Crazies centered in the village of Foxton, Cambridgeshire these prompted me to attend an Assemblies of god near where I was living.
The crazies convinced me to stop reading Sci Fi and only read the bible, Thank fuck for that reading this piece of shit opened my eyes to exactly how ridiculous the whole belief and set up of the christian religion is…………I was reborn hally fuckin loo yah!

Q3. How would you describe “Intelligent Design”, using only one word?
Bollocks !

Q4. What scientific endeavour really excites you?
The human genome project
It should stick a huge one to christians and racists when the genome map is complete.


Q5. If you could change one thing about the “atheist community”, what would it be and why?
The need for there to be an “Atheist Community” Because it is just another pigeon hole/means of segregation.

Q6. If your child came up to you and said “I’m joining the clergy”, what would be your first response?
Laugh out loud for days on end then kill them.
No seriously I would feel I had failed them.

Q7. What’s your favourite theistic argument, and how do you usually refute it?
God is Love.
The Bible.


Q8. What’s your most “controversial” (as far as general attitudes amongst other atheists goes) viewpoint?
Paedophiles should be used for vivisection.

Q9. Of the “Four Horsemen” (Dawkins, Dennett, Hitchens and Harris) who is your favourite, and why?
Can’t say depends who I am reading at the time.

Q10. If you could convince just one theistic person to abandon their beliefs, who would it be?
The next god peddler that knocks on my door.

Well Buffy I hope that suffices.
Congratulations and best wishes for your marriage. I hope you will both be as content as my partner and I.

No comments:

 
//-->